Monday, March 15, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday (ok...Sunday)


I found this site via one of the websites I visit regularly, ohdeedoh. Every Monday, you serve your little one a meal in a muffin tin, in muffin cups, etc. There are regular themes, and this week's theme is the color green. It seemed like a fun way to introduce new foods, learn about different things, and just a fun way to have a meal. I decided to do it on Sunday, since it was easy to do this for lunch without excluding her from our regular meal at dinnertime with the family on Monday, since I would be working during lunchtime. We had green Apple Jacks, avacado, green Jello, green apples, a shamrock cookie, and green peas. Emmie only ate the cookie (of course), some peas, and apple jacks. She refused to even try the avacado and jello. Seriously, what kid doesn't like green jello?
I am going to try to do this regularly to see if she likes it!

4 comments:

  1. your tin looks great! actually. my girls aren't fans of jello either.

    welcome to mtm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute muffin cups. I think the whole idea does help introduce new foods. The kids are so excited to eat such a fun meal, they don't think about something they may not like otherwise! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun foods! I love all shades of green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute idea! And I must say that I have been looking at all the sites you are a "fan" of like weelicious and teach your tot and have marked them for great ideas. Keep them coming- I am always looking for stuff to make our day a bit more interesting!

    ReplyDelete